Stem Cell Treatment

You can learn lessons a variety of ways but I learn by experience, which isn’t always the easiest way to learn. Schwannomatosis has taught me so much; I’ve learned to love deeply and to find the beauty in the pain, and to not wait for permission to live my life, and so much more. Such simple lessons to learn, that took a disease to teach me. There was a point last year I wanted to throw in the towel and give up; I was tired of feeling this constant pain, it’s absolutely exhausting. I was dreading the future, which in turn made my depression worse. How can you be happy when you avoid the thought of the future? Add excruciating pain on top of it, made life unbearable at times. I hit a breaking point, and started working on my mentality. During this self-developing journey, I realized that I don’t need to be fated to my disease. Schwannomatosis does not define me, nor will it be my life sentence. 
So I started researching alternative solutions, and options from around the world. Just because the United States doesn’t have the answers for me, doesn't mean it isn’t somewhere else in the world. There are quite a bit of different choices out there; from shamans to different types of blood transfusions, and everything in between. Took a lot of time and patience to find reliable information. Our government has skewed views on health care; in turn, makes researching for alternatives treatments very difficult. During months of research, and phone conversations with professionals in varying fields, I found a solution; stem cell therapy. I won’t bore you with all the scientific jargon but embryonic stem cells are so viable, and efficient at repairing damaged cells, nerves, and so much more. They are our building blocks when we’re first developing in the womb. When people hear embryonic stem cells, they automatically assume that these cells are harvested from dead babies, and this cannot be further from reality. When stem cells are harvested from embryonic fluid, the mother nor the baby are injured in this process. If you have ever had a baby, you have probably had the test where they extracted embryonic fluid to test for disease and precursors. Well, they use to throw out that fluid once it was tested. Now, they save that fluid and are extracting stem cells from it. They are also extracting from umbilical cords, and advising parents to save their baby’s umbilical cord for emergencies in the future. There are over decades of research for stem cell treatments, with countless documented successful cases. I was originally looking at Israel for treatment but that was a hefty price tag. 
Israel is making great strides in the medical field but especially in stem cell therapy. People with Parkinson’s disease, and multiple sclerosis are seeing incredible results from receiving stem cell treatments. So my thought process was, these are neurological issues and my disease is neurological; so if they are seeing great results, then it will definitely help me. Well, Israel wanted over $30,000 and I couldn't afford that type of treatment. So I continued my search, and came across a facility in Panama. This specific facility treated Mel Gibson’s father which saved his life. There’s a great podcast by Joe Rogan where he interviews the doctor and Mel Gibson, you should definitely check it out. Unfortunately, the Panama facility won’t accept me until I’m in my 40’s. So I kept on searching, and spoke to a wonderful doctor who is in the field of stem cells. I am so grateful I was able to speak with this gentleman, and get his advice because he helped me find a facility in Germany. 
He discovered this facility during his research, in Lenggries, Germany where they extract embryonic stem cells from sheep. Sheep that live in the mountains, have limited contact from humans, and are protected by the government. Europe has the same views as to using human embryonic stem cells but they are still open, and progressive enough to find alternative ways. This facility has been treating, and curing people for over 60 years. All the arrows were starting to point to Germany for my solution. So I started correspondence with the doctor at the facility since September of 2018. This doctor has been so patient with me and all my questions. He answered them all honestly, and was very forthcoming with me. Since my disease, schwannomatosis is so rare they have never treated anyone like me before. They are confident that my arthritis, asthma, and damaged nerves will be healed but for the tumors in my nerves, it’s an experiment. I am so hopeful and excited from all the promising research I have found. It’s exciting to be leading the way for potential treatment for people living with my type of pain, or disease. Even with all this research, I was still very apprehensive because this is such unknown territory for me. My doctors in the states could only advice to not get stem cells done in the USA. Well, that wasn’t very helpful except it saved me from spending thousands of dollars on using my own stem cells; because that is all that is being used in the states currently, your own cells, which are not viable. Once stem cells reach adult hood they have reached their full potential. So if you use your own stem cells, it may help healthy people feel refreshed or vitalized but people like me, it would do nothing. Think of embryonic stem cells as building blocks, they develop organs, tissue, nerves, bones; so, young fresh stem cells can help heal and rebuild tissues, organs, etc. Here are some examples from the Germany facility’s brochure on what stem cells can help with: Burnout syndrome, after operations, forgetfulness, lack of concentration, sleep disorders, existential anxiety, cardiovascular disease, disturbed blood supply to the brain and limbs, disorders induced by arteriosclerosis, osteoporosis, degenerative damage to the kidneys or the gastro-intestinal tract, chronic constipation, and premature degeneration of spine and joints (arthritis), menstrual disorders, climacteric symptoms, disturbances in growth, overweight due to glandular disorders, diabetes disease with resulting conditions, low sexual potency, hormonal disorders, hay fever, nettle rash, allergic skin diseases, allergic rhinitis, bronchial asthma, strengthening of the body’s defense mechanism, multiple sclerosis, stroke, Alzheimers, Parkinson, Autism. Its also used as an additional treatment after cancer, and lastly anti-aging.  So needless to say, I went to Lenggries and received stem cell injections.
My husband and I traveled across the world for me to receive treatment, to potentially help improve my quality of life; which is a crazy thought in itself. It was a long and tiring journey but so worth it. We were there for 10 days, and I received over 72 different types of stem cells; all were injected into my butt with 5 inch needles 11 times, which hurt like hell. After the injections, I had to lay on my stomach for almost an hour. Even afterwards I couldn’t walk; I had dead legs, and my hubby had to carry me to the bathroom. I am so grateful he was by my side, he’s been such a rock for me. It’s been 7 weeks now since my injections, and so far I’ve seen a decrease in my pain flares; they’re not reaching a level 10 as often. My pain that was in my stomach 24/7, accompanied by nausea is completely gone; I am able to eat again! I have a mass on one of my ovaries, and it use to cause excruciating pain; now, that pain as only flared up a few times. My asthma is exponentially better; I’ve only taken my inhaler 5 times since I’ve been back, and I use to take it every day. I can definitely say my quality of life has improved drastically. I use to be bed ridden or wrapped up in my heating pad on the couch, trying to remain positive and not give up on life. Now, I am able to go for walks with my family and enjoy the world around me again. My goal by sharing my story is that more people will be able to receive this type of treatment, and help improve their quality of lives. If you have any questions, and want to know more please reach out to me! Remember to be kind to one another, and help spread the word! I also have a YouTube channel called, The Alternative Medicine Channel, where I highlight alternative methods that have helped me through my pain. Please share with anyone who is dealing with any type of pain. Being in chronic pain can feel very lonely, and that’s not a good place to be when dealing with excruciating pain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Darkness My Old Friend

The Silent Darkness

Be Unapologetically, Apologetically You!